January 11, 2021
January 11th, 2021
Kindergarten registration will be open from January 18th – March 31st. You are encouraged to register online or if needed, you can register in person after making an appointment and being sure to follow the COVID protocols established at Alex Hope.
Kindergarten Registration 2021– Alex Hope Elementary
Alex Hope Elementary welcomes new Kindergarten students to our school community. Our teachers and staff are eager to meet your child and your family and get them started on their learning journey.
Registration opens January 18 and continues through until March 31, 2021. Registration will not be available at the school during Spring Break, from March 13–28, 2021.
Please review the following information outlining documents needed and instructions to help register new learners. Due to COVID-19, our schools will be modifying registration this year to meet health and safety guidelines and support the needs of families. If you have any general questions about Kindergarten registration, please contact the school by phone: 604-888-7109 or email Mrs. Thorpe email@example.com
You will need to produce the following documents:
- Proof of age (Birth Certificate)
- Proof of Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status for both student and parent (Canadian Birth Certificate, Canadian Passport, Canadian Citizenship Card, Landed Immigrant documentation, Permanent Resident documentation/cards)
- Proof of residence (mortgage papers, Property Tax Notice, BC Driver’s Licence, subject-free purchase agreement [less than 6 month move-in date], utility bill)
- Current vaccination records* (school does not retain a copy)
- Registration Form(also available on District website and child’s school)
You will need to do the following:
- Complete registration form (fillable pdf) and have documents ready. See above checklist.
- Submit documents online or in-person. Please note, on-line is preferable.
Please email Mrs. Thorpe firstname.lastname@example.org submit copies of documents as attachmentsand not images inserted into the body of the email.This will streamline the process for both parents/guardians and staff. Registration may be delayed if the required documentation is not provided
Instructions for In-person Registration: (on-line is preferable)
Please call the school ahead to arrange a time to drop-off or complete your child’s registration on site. A staff member will meet you at the school entrance or foyer to receive your child’s registration and documents. Staff will make copies of any documents required. Registration may be delayed if the required documentation is not provided. Please abide by COVID-19 health and safety protocols, which may include completing a health check upon entering, signing in as a visitor, maintaining physical distancing, and wearing a mask.
- Once your child’s information has been received, you will receive confirmation from the school informing you it has been received, along with other information, and further instructions (if necessary).
We will be sending a ‘Welcome to Kindergarten’ package with valuable information and dates to get you and your family ready for September. This year’s Welcome to K will take place on May 19th, 2021, so mark it in your calendars.
We look forward to meeting all our future Alex Hope Gators.